Eaux Infinies, infinite waters, Infinite Waters: 9+1 Speculative Fiction Short Stories, Nicholas C. Rossis, Nicholas Rossis, sci-fi, science fiction, SF, short stories, short story, speculative fiction
Infinite Waters: 9+1 Speculative Fiction Short Stories has probably the strangest history of all of my books. Its launch was marked by the closing of Greek banks and the imposition of capital controls. As a result, instead of a big promo, all I could do was depend on you good people to spread the news of its release.
And you didn’t disappoint! The book had a good launch and was voted as one of the top 50 Indie releases of 2015!
And now, it has officially become my first book to be translated into French. I have my wonderful translator, Krystallia, to thank for this, and my very own half-French wife, Electra, to thank for the translation (I hear it’s great but my French is rather limited, so what do I know?)
Any French-speakers among you may enjoy reading my irreverent short stories. As a reminder, the anthology includes the following ones:
- “Infinite Waters“: A woman seeks her future at a carnival. She discovers more than she expected.”
- “The Things We Do for Lust“: Beware of Greek gods bearing gifts.
- The Twist in the Tale“: A confused woman meanders through a sleepy town. But not all is as it seems.
- “James’ Life“: A man with nothing to look forward to but oblivion, discovers it’s not that easy to escape his life.
- “What’s in a Name?“: A trip to the tropics has an unexpected ending.
- “The Lucky Bastard“: How far will the luckiest man alive go to escape his luck?
- “Two’s a Crowd“: Blood runs thicker than water. Especially when you spill it.
- “Is There a Doctor in the House?“: A high school student just loves to experiment.
- “Sex and Dinner“: A timeless combination. Or is it?
- “Would You Like Flies With That?“: Nothing’s scarier than a supermarket.
- “The Hand of God“: Nothing has prepared this grizzled veteran for a meeting with his god*.
- Sentinel: A tireless–if somewhat misguided–guard protects his home from a monster*.
(* first published in The Power of Six)
(or just leave a comment asking for a free ARC) 🙂